[Ubuntu Chicago] Global Jam

Jim Campbell jwcampbell at gmail.com
Thu Sep 10 17:47:24 BST 2009

Thanks, Tim,

On Thu, Sep 10, 2009 at 11:41 AM, Tim Potter <musikgoat at gmail.com> wrote:
> Jim,
>

>> Do you think we could get room space at NEIU?
>>

> This came up in conversation once before, and as it could be an option (I
> would have to discuss the details with that teacher to confirm this), the
> last time, it was mentioned that the school isn't very convenient (being at
> Bryn Mawr and Central Park) and CTA would require a drop at the end of the
> Brown line and then a short bus up to Bryn Mawr.
>
> That being said, if the group is interested in a place that far North, I
> could open dialog with Prof. Sztainberg about scheduling this event.   I'm
> not sure if a teacher has to be present for this type of function and as to
> whether liquid refreshments would have to be non-alchoholic.
>

> Let me know if I should reach out.
>

> Regards,
>
> Tim Potter

I think that, for the most part, people would be willing to drive.  If
someone wanted to attend and didn't have a car, we could arrange for
carpooling.  I also think, that with the event not being in the loop,
that street parking wouldn't be too difficult to find.

Also, although I proposed a Tap House for the event, we haven't really
been so much of a "drinking crowd."  I don't think having/not having
alcohol available should factor in to our decision.

If you could reach out to your instructor just to get some info, that
would be helpful.

If other people have other ideas, though, please do continue to
suggest them.  I don't think we need to limit ourselves to this venue
for right now.

Jim