[Ubuntu Chicago] Global Jam

Jim Campbell jwcampbell at gmail.com
Thu Sep 10 16:02:23 BST 2009

On Thu, Sep 10, 2009 at 9:53 AM,  <r_a_smith3530 at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> Richard, I'd be good to go for this. Although I live in the far northwest 'burbs, it doesn't really matter where we meet up, although it should be someplace that would provide greater visibility for Ubuntu. One place that hit off the top of my head was the FreeGeek space in the city.
>
> We should publicize this, for maximum benefit, wherever we hold it, and not just among the Linux community.
>
> Rob Smith
> Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless device from U.S. Cellular

Any alternate ideas for a location?  The IIT space is not available.
I was thinking maybe the upstairs room at Sully's Tap House [0], as
that is what ChiPy has used somewhat recently, but I'm not sure what
kind of a deal they get.  Maybe we could work something out with them
(their site says they charge $$$) if we were going to be there from
11:00-5:00 or something.  They have a great setup for being able to
show presentations, & that time wouldn't be during their peak hours.

Jim

[0] http://www.sullyshouse.com/