[Ubuntu Chicago] Presentation topics for the 9.10 release party

Jim Campbell jwcampbell at gmail.com
Wed Oct 28 19:09:25 GMT 2009

Hi All,

I wanted to write and see what topics people would like to present on
as part of the 9.10 release party.  Previously we have given talks on
each of the different flavors of Ubuntu (Ubuntu, Kubuntu, Xubuntu, and
Ubuntu Server), but I'm open to taking a slightly different approach
for this meeting.

Some possible suggestions:
 - Summary of new features in Ubuntu, Kubuntu, and Xubuntu (single presentation)
 - Cloud & Grid computing in Ubuntu 9.10
 - Ubuntu One
 - Contributing to Ubuntu
 - If you use Linux / Ubuntu at work - how you use it
 - Other topics?

Please do feel free to share any topic that you may want to give a
presentation about.  In the past Rich and I have given most of the
talks, and Kevin (from Chicago LUG) has given a talk on Ubuntu Server,
but it would be great to see some new faces give a presentation.

If you have a "presentation request" for something that you would like
to hear about (but don't feel comfortable presenting on that topic),
feel free to share that, too.

Jim