[Ubuntu Chicago] Doc Jam

Richard JOHNSON nixternal at ubuntu.com
Mon Nov 23 03:36:59 GMT 2009

Hey everyone,

With the Lucid development cycling already kicked off, I would like to see
if we can plan on getting together sometime in December and maybe hold a
Documentation Jam. I am one of the leaders of the Ubuntu Documentation
Project and currently lead the efforts in both Kubuntu and KDE
Documentation Project. With that, I have decided to rewrite the entire
system documentation for Kubuntu this development cycle. I have created
fairly tough goals to reach. The goals aren't time lined to be finished by
string freeze, but instead to be reached by the end of December.

If you have been trying to figure out an easy way to contribute to an open
source project, you may or may not be a hacker, may or may not have
technical documentation experience (I didn't when I started writing docs
for Linux more than 15 years ago), might have experience with DocBook/XML
or some other similar markup language (regular XML, HTML, etc.), then this
might be for you.

I know Jim, the leader of the Xubuntu documentation, will probably like to
do this as well. If Jim and I can get together with a few of you, we can
make it a very productive day, as we will be able to at least teach your
the ropes to get you started.

Voice up if something like this sparks your interest. Thanks!

--
 Name|  Richard JOHNSON
Title|  Developer
Email|  nixternal at ubuntu.com
GnuPG|  3578 0981 A21D D662 2A96  7623 F4C1 838C D8C4 4738