[Ubuntu Chicago] Regular Jams

Jim Campbell jwcampbell at gmail.com
Sat May 30 01:29:13 BST 2009

-----BEGIN JWC SIGNED MESSAGE----
Hey Everybody,

On Fri, May 29, 2009 at 7:08 PM, Nathan Handler <nhandler at ubuntu.com> wrote:

This sounds great, and I would definitely be up for this. I would be most
interested in packaging and documentation jams, but other jams would be ok,
too. I would be a participant in a packaging jam, but would be willing to
lead or help lead a documentation jam.  A GPG key signing party would be a
good idea, too. Perhaps we could have one of those (a bit less formal . . .
) to kick things off.  We could use that a social event / planning session.

Sundays would work well for me, and once or twice a month would be fine,
too. If we do packaging jams (which I think would be good at this point in
the current release cycle), I would recommend having them 2x per month so
that we can build knowledge from one session to the next without losing much
momentum. We tried to do one of these before, though, and it didn't go off
very well, I think primarily because there are so many different facets to
packaging . . . we would just need to plan things out very well.  (I would
rather have us take longer to plan something like that so that we do it
right, and people can learn a lot from it.)

Other jams would likely not be as technical, so . . . we would still need to
plan, but the learning curve isn't as high for stuff like documentation or
marketing as it is for packaging.

Jim