[Ubuntu Chicago] Ubuntu friendly Mp3/video Player‏

Randall Wilson randy at 1702.org
Sat May 16 17:25:28 BST 2009

I have a Cowon iAudio X5, it's a little old, but great and they still
sell it. For videos, I think the screen is too small.
http://www.cowonamerica.com/products/iaudio/x5/
I have ogg and flac files on it. I'm pretty sure the videos are mp4.

What you're looking for is a device that act as "USB Mass Storage" or
"USB Storage". With that, it just shows up as a hard drive. It looks
like all of Cowon's products lists this, as well as "Linux Compatible".

The included software is often Windows only. Cowon uses JetAudio, a
Windows program. When I plug in my X5 to Jaunty, it wants to start
Rhythmbox, so that may not be a problem.
-Randy