[Ubuntu Chicago] help needed

Thomas Pearson twpear at gmail.com
Wed Jan 14 20:29:11 GMT 2009

Hello:

I'm looking for someone to help me liberate my computer. I have a Dell
laptop, about 3 1/2 years old, which ran on standard Microsoft crap. After
clunky performance for about a year it recently suffered a complete
meltdown. I have all my data files backed up, but now I need to bring the
machine somewhere to be repaired. I recently learned about the Free Software
movement several months ago while I was conducting research in Central
America for my PhD in anthropology. I believe now it is time for me to
switch over entirely to free software, but I know very little about how to
do so -- much less get my computer running again. If anyone can help me or
has a suggestion about where to go for help, please contact me.

Thanks,

Tom

--
Thomas Pearson