[Ubuntu Chicago] Global Bug Jam - Major Problems

Jim Campbell jwcampbell at ubuntu.com
Mon Jan 5 18:36:37 GMT 2009

On Mon, Jan 5, 2009 at 12:23, Evan Farrar <evanfarrar at gmail.com> wrote:

> So it is February 20th-22nd huh? I would like to tenatively,
> unofficially offer Centro's sponsorship of the event (I can confirm it
> officially following our staff meeting tomorrow).
>
> We've got a large conference room, a kitchen, plenty of Cola and Beer
> and lots of floor space. We could probably host 20-30 people
> comfortably, but we can't watch over more people than that because
> only two Centro people would attend (myself and Alex Rakoczy).

Evan that rocks so bad.  I hope you're able to get access to the space
approved.  I know Centro has helped out with various local conferences and
events before - that is cool of them.

Maybe we could even hook up one of your Open Sprints setups and have a
bugjam bike race??  :)  Ok, I won't get greedy.

Richard, don't feel like you're wasting keystrokes.  I'm not sure who you
were expecting to hear from, but the thing is over a month away.  We did get
a large amount of good responses at the ChicagGLUG meeting from people who
aren't even Ubuntu-Chicago members, and who may not even run Ubuntu on their
PCs.  The SCALE conflict is a bit of a concern if it will draw other Chicago
peeps away from here, though.  Are you thinking of Django or Banshee people
might be gone?

You being at SCALE, though . . .  that might be a problem, right?  :/
Remember - SCALE lasts a weekend, Bugjam victory is forever.

If we keep hacking away at preparations for this, we can figure it out &
make it work.

Jim