[Ubuntu Chicago] Fwd: Introduce Yourself

Joshua Stackhouse joshua.stackhouse at gmail.com
Thu Oct 23 20:08:00 BST 2008

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Joshua Stackhouse <joshua.stackhouse at gmail.com>
Date: Thu, Oct 23, 2008 at 14:06
Subject: Re: [Ubuntu Chicago] Introduce Yourself
To: Freddy Martinez <freddymartinez9 at ubuntu.com>

Hey Everyone,

My name is Joshua Stackhouse and I'm a former IT professional and jack of
all trades.  I spent the past ten years supporting Windows environments and
anything from satellite uplinks to palm pilots.  I spent 4 years in the US
Navy as an IT, and even had my own consulting firm for 2 years informing
small businesses which technology options were available and which purchases
to make.  I also have experience as a technical trainer from when I was in
the military.  Currently I am in school at Truman College in Chicago to
become a pyschologist, and I hope to take my technical background with me to
the field.  I have been using Ubuntu for about a year, and I am currently
the lead developer for a project known as the Ubuntu for the Windows IT
which aims to make the transition to Ubuntu easy for seasoned Windows
geeks.  I am very interested in attending LoCo events and hope to meet some
of you at these events.  Also, I am looking for team members for my project
so if you have extensive Windows experience or just want to help in any way,
please email me.

Respectfully,

Joshua

On Thu, Oct 23, 2008 at 13:48, Freddy Martinez
<freddymartinez9 at ubuntu.com>wrote:

> Hey everyone
>
> I'm Freddy Martinez.  I'm an old school Ubuntu user (whichever release
> came before Dapper..).  I'm an Ubuntu Member that helped get the
> Ubuntu Mozilla Team off the ground.  I worked quite a bit on bugs back
> in the day but haven't done much at all in the last two years.  I'm
> live in southern Illinois in Monmouth.  I'm attending Monmouth College
> and finishing my degree in Physics.  Ideally I'd go on to get my PhD
> in physics.  Right now I'm working with the CS majors on getting an
> open source lab going.  8 computers using various linux distros
> (mostly Ubuntu) and running an Ubuntu server.
>
> --
> Best,
> Freddy Martinez

Very Respectfully,

Joshua Stackhouse

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This message and any attachments may contain
confidential information, which is legally privileged. The information is
intended only for the use of the individual or entity named above. If you
are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure,
copying, distribution of, or the taking of any
action in reliance on, the contents of this information are strictly
prohibited.  If you have received this message in error, please, immediately
notify us by email and delete all copies of this message and any
attachments.