[Ubuntu Chicago] (no subject)

John Becker jleebecker at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 20 16:44:51 BST 2008

Hello to Isaiah Irizarry and Sebastian Brukalo!

I'm sorry your posts have not been acknowledged.

It must be obvious that the Chi-Ubuntu group is quite inactive. Several
attempts have been made to create a large self-sustaining Linux group
in the Chicagoland area with mixed results. IMHO the most successful
of these is the College of DuPage Linux Users Group (CODLUG) consisting
largely of students of COD who meet monthly. A large fraction of their
group use Kubuntu.

I lurk here and on the CODLUG list and have attended a few LUG
meetings in the area. But on the whole, it seems there are too few
people using the same distro/window manager with the same interests
(excluding gaming) that want to socialize.

I have several older boxes using Linux. My Ubuntu box is connected
to my 26" HDTV @ 1366x768. It began as Breezey Badger and every
6 months I upgrade. I enjoy the challange of updating/upgrading rather
than doing a reinstall.

Good Luck
Lee