[Ubuntu Chicago] Still looking to hire help

Dave Schuler thalian at compuserve.com
Thu Mar 20 16:45:09 GMT 2008

Last night I posted the following to the list:

I need some help connecting a printer to a Ubuntu
system.

Here's what I want to do:

1.  I need to connect a Dymo/Costar EL60 serial printer
to a Ubuntu system.

2.  I'd like to execute the equivalent of a "Hello, world!"
to test the printer.

That's it.  Based on searching the web I get the impression
that what I'm trying to do should be doable, even easy.  I just haven't
been successful in doing it.

Help!

The right guy should be able to do this in an hour or so.
I can bring a computer with Ubuntu installed, a printer,
and a cable anywhere in the Chicago area.

Soonest.

No responses yet and I still need help.  If you're not in a position
to give me a hand yourself, do you have a suggestion of who I could
ask or where I could post a request?

Dave Schuler
Chicago, Illinois