[Ubuntu Chicago] Flourish 2008

Samir Faci samir.list at gmail.com
Sun Mar 16 20:25:16 GMT 2008

To everyone interested,

The University of Illinois at Chicago Linux Users Group (UIC-LUG) and
the University of Illinois at Chicago Association for Computing
Machinery (UIC-ACM) are hosting their second annual Flourish
Conference promoting the adoption and use of Free, Libre and Open
Source Software (FLOSS). The UIC-LUG and UIC-ACM would like to invite
you to attend this glorious event.  The entire conference is free

with registration (or $5 at the door), but please do register if you
plant to attend to lets us know how many people we should expect.
http://www.flourishconf.com/register.php.

Some of our featured speakers will include:  Bruce Perens from Source
Labs, Jon "maddog" Hall from Linux International, Brian Fitzpatrick
(and Ben Collins-Sussman) from Google, Dru Lavigne from Open Source
Business Resource and BSD Certification Group Inc., among many others.

We will be hosting a variety of events which include but are not
limited to:  BarCamp Mini, Flourish Mini-expo, WAFD (Web Application
Framework Development) Rumble, Networking Events,  and Hack-a-Thon,
BSDA Examination.  For more information please visit:
http://www.flourishconf.com/flourish2008/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=13&Itemid=30

Flourish 2008 will be held on Friday, April 4th and Saturday, April
5th of next year. We expect the conference attendance to be between
300 and 400 people. Please reply and let me know whether or not you
will be attending Flourish 2008. If you have any questions about
Flourish, please e-mail me at samir at esamir.com and I will get back to
you as soon as possible. You can also visit the Flourish website at
http://www.flourishconf.com/

Organizations/Developers:  We still have open tables in the expo
space, if you'd like to use one of the tables to advertise your said
organization or promote an event.  We are also still looking for
developers to represent the various Web frameworks.  If anyone is
interested in participating, please feel free to contact me.

Also, please redirect and forward this email to any list that you
think may have an interest in this conference.

Thank you,

Samir Faci
Flourish Public Relations