[Ubuntu Chicago] Lesson on Merging Packages from Debian

Richard A. Johnson nixternal at kubuntu.org
Fri Jun 13 05:26:51 BST 2008

On Wednesday 11 June 2008, Nathan Handler wrote:
| Hi everyone,
|
| This is the first message I have sent to the mailing list. I live in the
| Chicagoland area, and I thought I would notify the members of the loco
| group about an event I am leading. On Friday, June 13, at 10:00 am
| (15:00 GMT), I will be holding a lesson on IRC to teach people how to
| merge a package from Debian. The lesson will be held in ##MergeAndSync
| with questions in ##MergeAndSync-Questions on irc.freenode.net. After
| the lesson, I will be uploading a copy of the transcript to the wiki. If
| you are planning on attending, please either upgrade to Intrepid or
| install Intrepid in a virtual machine. It isn't required to have
| Intrepid, but it will make it easier to follow along.
|
| I'm looking forward to seeing you all there,
| Nathan Handler
| nhandler on irc.freenode.net

Hey Nathan,

Quick question, how come you aren't tying this in with the MOTU school stuff at
all and doing it separately? Don't know if you know this or not, but I am one
of the members of the MOTU Council and have been a MOTU for a while now,
actually awaiting to have my core-dev application approved now.

Also, if you would be interested, we are planning on contributing to the global
bug jam that will be going on one of these days, and it would be nice to have
another packaging person there if possible, and also I have been planning on
giving classes locally, in person, for Debian and Ubuntu packaging. We have a
lurker on this list that was one of the first 40 or so Debian Developers (ya
Dirk, I am talking about you :) ).

--
Richard A. Johnson
nixternal at kubuntu.org