[Ubuntu Chicago] Chroot problem.

Freddy Martinez freddymartinez9 at ubuntu.com
Fri Jun 6 16:32:02 BST 2008

I'm trying to reinstall GRUB on this machine (which is not going well)
and I am following this guide.
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=224351 If I install it using
the first part of the guide (non-chroot method), grub "installs"
without outputting any errors.  on reboot, it just shows a single
flashing underscore and I can't get into a partition.  If I do "chroot
/mnt/root /bin/bash" when I follow the lower part of the guide,  I get
"chroot: cannot run command '/bin/bash': No such file or
directory"...which isn't true if I list my directories.  would i be
right to say there may be an ldd issue?  Anyways, let me know because
I'm being driven up the wall...

--
Best,
Freddy Martinez