[Ubuntu Chicago] Install 8.04 as Xen Guest

Kevin Harriss special.kevin at gmail.com
Tue Jul 8 17:46:41 BST 2008

Hey all,

I am trying to install Ubuntu Server 8.04.1 as a guest OS on my Xen
host.  Everytime I try install Ubuntu 8.04 it fails without an error
at the install, shutdowns the guest vm and when I start the guest vm
back up it starts the installer over.  I tried to install 6.06 and
then upgrade to 8.04.1.  Everything upgraded fine but when I boot up
the kernel errors and shutdowns down the guest vm.  The only kernel I
was able to boot up on this system was the Ubuntu 6.06 recovery
kernel.  I have heard issues with Ubuntu server as a guest vm under
Xen, but was wondering if anybody knew any fixes or the bug report I
should follow.  When I tried to find the bug report, I just found a
bunch about ubuntu 8.04 as the xen host.  I guess my launchpad foo is
failing me.

Thanks,

Kevin

--