[Ubuntu Chicago] Reminder - Hardy Heron release partay this Saturday

Jim Campbell jwcampbell at gmail.com
Wed Apr 23 22:57:26 BST 2008

Hi All,

As a way to celebrate the efforts of all of us during the Hardy Heron
release cycle we'll be gathering at the Goose Island Brew Pub (1800 N.
Clyborn, Chicago, Illinois) this coming Saturday, April 26th.  The release
party will start at 2pm, and we have the room reserved until 6pm (one hour
later than previously indicated).  You do not have to be 21 to partay at
this partay.  It will be a family-friendly affair unless someone brings a
bunch of skateboards and large boomboxes.

Please come hungry.  :)  We will be able to order food from Goose Island's
bounteous menu, and may also request and consume one or more of Goose
Island's 'ultimate drinkability' beers or finely crafted sodas.  This is
good stuff.  Charlie Trotter comes here for tips on how to make good Buffalo
Burgers and Wolfgang Puck has been known to inquire about how they make
their vegetarian chili.  That is what I've been told.

For those individuals who may be using pre-civilization technology (i.e.,
something other than a Hardy Heron release - ha ha . . .  I kid, I kid . .
.), We'll also have a set of K/X/Ubuntu Hardy Heron CD's available to help
upgrade your laptops to the latest 8.04 release of 8.04 awesomeness.  (Just
please be sure to back up your data beforehand if you wish to upgrade your
machine at the partay.  Upgrades and beer/soda don't always go well
together.)

Some folks are RSVP'ing on the wiki (thanks!) per my previous message, but
if you don't have a wiki account, just let me know and I'll add your name to
the list for you.  For others, the wiki is here:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ChicagoTeam/Meetings  As my mom used to say, RSVP
yourself before you wreck yourself.

The Hardy Heron development cycle has been a good one, so let's celebrate
our efforts!  I look forward to seeing everyone there.

Jim