[Ubuntu Chicago] Hello, new to team

Jim Campbell jwcampbell at gmail.com
Mon Apr 7 00:58:12 BST 2008

Hey All,

On 4/6/08, Andrew Bassett <awbassett at gmail.com> wrote:

> <snip>
> > > 4.  Install Ubuntu on old, free (or very low cost) PCs for donation.
>
> I would suggest you check out http://freegeekchicago.org/. I believe
> they put Xubuntu on the machines -- Jim Campbell would know for sure.
>
> --
> Andrew Bassett

Yeah, I talked with some of the guys from Free Geek this weekend.  They're
still using Xubuntu.  They have stuck with the Feisty release because
apparently they had some issues with Gutsy.  Not sure what issues they had,
though.

I haven't been around there recently, but they had some new faces at their
booth - seems like they've gotten some additional volunteers, and are still
moving along.

Jim