[Ubuntu Chicago] MythTV, Ubuntu, and comcast in chicago..

Michael D. Stemle, Jr. manchicken at notsosoft.net
Tue Sep 25 01:42:48 BST 2007

On Monday 24 September 2007 19:05:28 Josh Siegel wrote:
> So, anybody here set themselves up a MythBuntu box to talk to comcast?  Am
> I correct in reading that there is currently no CableCard solution
> allowing me to
> get access to a pure HD signal?
> Are there comcast boxes that produce firewire for MythBuntu?
> I am moving in from the burbs and giving up my DirectTV based TIVO boxes
> thanks
>    -josh siegel

IIRC, you can use a TiVO with Comcast.  Not sure.  The Comcast boxes I've used
in the past have holes, but there's no data coming through the holes (Comcast
says there's no circuitry behind them either).  This is the Digital converter
and the DVR box.  I haven't tried their HD boxes so I suppose it might be one
of those.

Good luck, let me know what you find out.