[Ubuntu Chicago] MythTV, Ubuntu, and comcast in chicago..

Mario Limonciello superm1 at ubuntu.com
Tue Sep 25 01:25:05 BST 2007

Josh,

You should be able to get a box that will at least output the local
channels via firewire.  I haven't personally experimented with the
firewire capture in the chicago land area, but I have in other areas.
Hopefully someone on list can comment further :)

In NC, I was able to capture ESPN,TNT, Discovery, & Local channels in
HD.  No go on the HBO/Cinemax/Starz though.

In MN, I was able to capture them all.

In IA, I was able to capture only Locals.

Regards,

Mario

--
Mario Limonciello