[Ubuntu Chicago] Sweet release partay

Eddie Martinez eddiemartinez at gmail.com
Tue Oct 23 17:30:05 BST 2007

oops, i meant to reply to the list and i only sent my joke to richard.

'foam party in harlem. im buying a building for the event. see you all there'.

see the joke isn't half as awesome the second time around. oh well, so
much for that one. the next event will probably be sometime around the
holiday season (bad timing, you are going to be really busy, blah
blah). I think the unofficial rule of thumb we came up with at the
meeting in Glen Ellyn (Chad's church) was something between every six
to eight weeks. This would mean the range between late nov. to mid
devember. mid december is of course of the question for obvious
reasons.

I propose a meeting in late nov. or early dec for these reasons. Maybe
Nov. 24th or Dec. 1st if we want to meet on Saturday, or the Sunday
after those two days (25th and the second). Then we can hold off
another for another meeting until Valentine's Day. ;p

Jim- let me know what your thoughts on setting up a meeting in general
are. I was thinking of trying to get this next on at Cyberia where the
chiglug guys have been having PT, but again, you are welcome to
overrule me.

Team- This next meeting will be inside the Chicago limits, I am hoping
to do it inside the actual downtown area. If Cyberia doesn't work out
for whatever reason, we would have to find another spot in the city.
It would be helpful to create a list of cyber friendly cafes,
businesses, parks, etc. where we can meet. Well maybe not parks, but
you get the idea. This list should include the suburbs too. We are
always more than welcome at CoD, but having some flexibility is always
nice.

Summary- late nov, early october. (nov.24/25, dec. 1st/2nd). location
(cyberia?) time ( ? ) agenda: world domination -richard johnson .... ?

What I want from the other members- Input. List of possible locations
for meetings.

Thanks!

-Eddie M.

On 10/22/07, Richard A. Johnson <nixternal at kubuntu.org> wrote:
> http://www.flickr.com/photos/nixternal/sets/72157602625340178/
>
> There are the pictures that Aaron took. Apparently RJ took some as well. RJ,
> hurry up and get them up to Flickr, and make sure you tag them 'Ubuntu
> Release Party'. Thanks!
>
> Great job to everyone who showed up and thanks to everyone who helped out. Our
> next event I am putting into Jim and Eddie's hands, so lets get to thinking
> already!
>
> --
> Richard A. Johnson
> nixternal at kubuntu.org
> GPG Key: 0x2E2C0124

This has been an Eddie Martinez production.
<Please exit in an orderly fashion>