[Ubuntu Chicago] First impressions of Gusty

RJ Marsan rjmarsan at gmail.com
Wed Oct 17 04:13:49 BST 2007

Heh, you didn't miss much, everyone missed it but me and Mr. Lee.
Ya know I figure I'll throw my two cents in...
I was very happy when my wireless card worked when I went through restricted
drivers manager, but honestly, the wifi reception couldn't be worse.  All of
a sudden I hardly get wifi in my livingroom where I once got full signal.
And i was amazed when the new codecs manager took into account my 64bit-ness
and installed nspluginwrapper for me. (stable-y too.)
overall its a huge step forward, at least for this dell.  but what the hell
with the wifi thing. grr.
originally i had a few problems with login but all of that has been fixed
with updates (ya know, normal beta problems)
overall I must say I'm proud of this release
anyone else wanna throw in their opinion?