[Ubuntu Chicago] Team Mission

Richard A. Johnson nixternal at kubuntu.org
Fri Oct 12 22:36:24 BST 2007

OK. My goal is this. I want to recreate, or better the team's mission. I kind
of snapped at Josh last week and after talking with a few people, it seems he
is somewhat right. I would like to create a solid mission for the team where
we can utilize both as a team and as an individual.

Here is what we do know about what our mission is:
 * To provide LOCAL advocacy and support for Ubuntu (includes Kubuntu,
Edubuntu, and Xubuntu)

Here is what I want to know:
 * What can we do to increase this?
 * What else should we look at instead of LUGs and Install fests?
 * Any other ideas?

I know that 99% of us super active members are all developer oriented, and I
know 3 of us are developers for Ubuntu (am I forgetting anyone? Freddy, Jim,
and myself). It would be nice to attract new users more than it would
developers. Developers aren't going to help the team as much as a new user
who is raring to go. If you have ideas and what not, post them here. If you
guys want to, discuss them on Sunday at Buffalo Wild Wings, or we can discuss
it on Sunday, October 21, 2007 at CoD for the Ubuntu 7.10 (Gutsy Gibbon)
Release and Install Fest.

Thanks everyone!

Richard A. Johnson
nixternal at kubuntu.org