[Ubuntu Chicago] GUI frontend for python backend

Max Luebbe max.luebbe at gmail.com
Thu Nov 29 12:26:41 GMT 2007

Since when did python become orders of magnitude faster than java?
Python's interpreted and Java uses a just-in-time compiler. Depending on
how you cook your benchmarks, they're going to be pretty equal with
regards to performance.

If you're doing cross platform and need a gui, java really is the best
way to go because it has no dependencies other than the runtime
environment...wasn't this 'cross platform thing' the entire selling
point of java...?

-Max