[Ubuntu Chicago] GUI frontend for python backend

Richard A. Johnson nixternal at kubuntu.org
Tue Nov 27 19:45:45 GMT 2007

On Tuesday 27 November 2007, John Arbash Meinel wrote:
[...]
| I imagine releasing your code under GPL is okay for you, so PyQT would
| probably be my second, and PyGTK my third.

I am a fan of PyQt and not so much of wxWidgets (thanks to Plucker). If you
went the PyQt route, I don't think you can distribute your app as a GPLv3 app
since the Qt API is GPL v2 only. Hopefully this will all change for the Qt
API here shortly.

The Web API that JQ talked about would be good. See, if you just used Java you
wouldn't be having this conversation :p

--
Richard A. Johnson
nixternal at kubuntu.org