[Ubuntu Chicago] Ubuntu Chicago Meeting

Rich Johnson nixternal at ubuntu.com
Fri May 25 18:39:38 BST 2007

Hey everyone,

As it stands the next meeting is scheduled for Sunday, June 17th at the
College of DuPage. We will be running the meeting as a breakout group along
with the CoDLUG Linux Fest. If needed we have the necessary hardware for
presentations, however I am guessing we will probably hold a round table
event. If we go the round table way, we can easily break out to a separate
location if we get to loud :)

Anyways, agenda time. If there is something you would like covered please add
it to the agenda page located at https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ChicagoTeam/Meetings
in the agenda section. If you don't feel like editing a wiki or are
uncomfortable doing so, then just reply to this email with your agenda items
and then one of us can add it for you.

Some possible topics for discussion can include:
 * Advocacy prospective - how we can join in with the local groups (which most
of us have) and utilize the mass amount of resources that way. BarCamp is
coming up, we need to be present. Advocacy is something we can improve,
however seeing as Chicago has a lack of Open Source events, maybe we can
think of some type of grassroots campaign to launch here.

 * Support prospective - what can we do to help new users? Existing users? How
can we make handing out CDs easier (this goes along with Advocacy)? Add a
flyer with install information to clarify what the CD cover already has?

 * Project prospective - we have talked about it, so lets talk a little more
on it.

 * What can we do as a team to take the lead not only in the US, but in the
world. World domination if you didn't know already :)

Actually, I am going to add these to the agenda now. Brief topics, probably 30
minute max type deals. Thanks everyone and see you in a few weeks :)

--
Rich Johnson
nixternal at ubuntu.com
GPG Key: 0x2E2C0124