[Ubuntu Chicago] Project Idea

Andrew Bassett awbassett at gmail.com
Thu May 24 16:52:39 BST 2007

> Scripting something like Automatix would only be a about a 1 hours job,
> the
> hardest part being the names of all the packages. Plus now that 7.04 is
> about, they have the Easy Codecs now which does pretty much what Automatix
> does, just correctly.
>
> If we do go this route, then we would have to ensure we use
> *archive.ubuntu.com repos only, and doing so wouldn't give you all the
> junk
> that Automatix gives you. Thoughts?

I agree with you nixternal. If that is the route we decide to go, lets not
cause more harm than good and do things the right way.

The script I have been working on is kind of like the automatix for Ubuntu
and Debian Servers. I know the option to build a lamp server now exists, but
what about dns, db, etc. It's kind of like dselect, except command line
based.

--
Andrew Bassett