[Ubuntu Chicago] Project Idea

Jim Campbell jwcampbell at gmail.com
Wed May 23 22:47:18 BST 2007

On 5/23/07, Andrew Bassett <awbassett at gmail.com> wrote:

> I've actually started working on a replacement for this, more for servers
> though.. command line only and written purely in Python. Once I get it
> looked over by some more seasoned programmers at work, I can share it with
> everyone.
>
> Thanks,
>
> AB

Andrew, it's not called "insultbot" is it?

We seemed to have gotten stalled on selecting a team project, so I'm glad
Chad brought this up.  I'm still kinda not sure what we should do.  We have
so many varying levels of ability in the group . . .

I have an idea, though.  If you want the group to go ahead with a project,
just spec it out:

What a spec is: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/FeatureSpecifications

A spec template: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/SpecTemplate

It may seem like too much overhead, but if we're going to work together on a
project, we need to have some focus.  I think that setting up our specs on
the ChicagoTeam wiki page (e.g.,  /ChicagoTeam/Spec/NameOfSpec ) would work
for starters, and then we could move the project that we decide to work on
to Launchpad, and delete or archive our unused specs.

The advantage of specs is that the ones that are the most fleshed-out and
clearly defined are the ones most likely to get implemented.  We could also
use specs for stuff like our marketing efforts.

Just a thought . . .

Jim