[Ubuntu Chicago] Chicago GNU/Linux Meeting: May 5

Ed Lerner elerner at wkdown.com
Fri May 4 05:06:50 BST 2007

John Quigley wrote:
> Folks:
>
> The Chicago GNU/Linux Group is meeting on Cinco de Mayo, Saturday, May
> 5th, 2007 at 3:00pm.  As a part of our Chicago Open Source Tour, we'll
> be meeting at the Cleversafe, Inc. offices, right off the red and green
> lines by US Cellular Field:
>
> http://tinyurl.com/2j22sn
>
> Our presentations are set to be:
>
>      * Programming with Lua  (Tristan Sloughter)
>      * Ruby on Rails         (Evan Farrar)
>      * Intro To Unicode      (Clyde Forrester)
>
> We'll be celebrating Cinco de Mayo as a group with a soccer game before
> the meeting, at 1p, and a BBQ with drinks at a nearby house afterwards,
> around 6p.  This is a community thing, and we'd love to see some new
> faces, so please come on out!
>
> Here is a map that plots out where we'll be:
>
> http://www.jquigley.com/tmp/cinco-de-mayo-directions.jpg
>
> For further information, please visit our website:
>
> http://www.chicagolug.org/
>
> Also, feel free to call or email me directly with questions or concerns.
>
> Regards,
> John Quigley
> web:  http://www.jquigley.com/
> cell: 312.351.3671
> mail: jq at jquigley.com

I hope to make it to the meeting.  If I don't, everyone have a look see
at this and see what you think.

http://groups.myspace.com/ubuntuchicago

Its not finished yet obviously, and I'd love some input.  We need to put
the word out even to the MySpace users!
Feel free to email me comments ... elerner AT wkdown DOT com