[Ubuntu Chicago] Directory Server

Chad Sutton chadarius at gmail.com
Mon Mar 5 18:07:16 GMT 2007

Antonio Sosa wrote:
> Anyone tried out a directory server for ubuntu. Was thinking of
> replacing an active directory server at a client with an opensource
> one and found a bunch of docs on Ubuntu and Fedora Directory Server.
> It looks like it might do what I want - login management and sabayon
> profile management - anyone ever tried to do that yet?
>

> Thank you,
>
> *Antonio Sosa
> C.E.O.
> http://www.ansotech.com <http://www.ansotech.com/>
> Cell Phone: 773-406-3663
> Telephone: 877-389-8728*
>
> * *

I run a Gentoo server that uses OpenLDAP that is the backend for Samba
file and print directory services. I don't use it all that much now
because I don't use Windows at home for much. It took some hacking on my
PAM files to get it working right but it works fine.

I'm planning on replacing my Gentoo server with Ubuntu sometime in the
near future. If you have questions or want to steal a glance at my
config files let me know. I'll be happy to share.

--
Later,
Chad Sutton
csutton at chadarius.com