[Ubuntu Chicago] Ubuntu Illinois Reasoning

Max Luebbe max.luebbe at gmail.com
Fri Mar 2 21:21:42 GMT 2007

I'm all for it.

To be honest, this may be a plan that allows us to better concentrate our
efforts.
I live in the city, and think its the best place on earth. (I don't know if
any of you have noticed yet, but the chi-python group I belong to won the
bid to bring pycon 2008 to chicago - It's going to be around o'hare)

BUT

ManChicken will have access to some of the best geeks in the country by
being in the same town as UIUC.

Freddy has access to ISU and Knox it looks like.

I'd personally be willing to step up to a larger role in the city itself,
because that pretty much what I'm limited to. I don't drive for ecological
reasons, and rely on the buses, trains and my shoes to get me anywhere I
need to be.

An illinois group could direct the efforts of the smaller regional teams and
better direct our resources.

What do you think?

Unrelated, Freddy seems to skate - don't know if anyone else here does, but
if you need decks, trucks or whatever let me know because I manage the web
business for the biggest shop in the state. On that note, we're planning on
expanding and I'm playing around with the idea of making a webcast show
about trusting a 22 year old who understands tech to build up your web
business in 6 months (before the next snowboard season starts). I've got an
empty storefront and a budgt to work with, getting pretty excited. I'm going
to name drop OSS left and right, give tutorials, use desktop linux etc. Am
planning on producing the show with open source as well. Details to follow
on this Propaganda project of mine.
-Max