[Ubuntu Chicago] Ubuntu Illinois Proposal

Rich Johnson nixternal at ubuntu.com
Fri Mar 2 02:30:23 GMT 2007

Hey everyone!

I have taken it upon myself to go ahead and propose the creation of Ubuntu
Illinois. I will take this to my blog, the chi.ubuntu-us.org, as well as post
to the many state universities trying to spark interest. My goal right now is
to create a team with no less than 25 members, get them up to speed, and
eventually elect 1 or more Ubuntu members in the state as team leadership.

So if any of you have friends, family, pets, skeletons or whatever in
Illinois, let them know there is a plan/proposal to create a team for the
entire state of Illinois.

My hopes are that I can at least get a decent group from the central portion
of the state (i.e., Springfield, Peoria) and as many as possible from the
southern portion of the state. I do know there are a couple of groups in the
Peoria area that are interested in such team so I am hoping they will help me
rock this out.

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/IllinoisTeam
https://launchpad.net/~ubuntu-illinois
#ubuntu-illinois >> #ubuntu-chicago

PS:  How do I make Chicago a subteam of Illinois in LP?

--
Rich Johnson
nixternal at ubuntu.com
GPG Key: 0x2E2C0124