[Ubuntu Chicago] e-ntroduction

Patrick Green patlgreen at gmail.com
Sat Feb 3 01:10:49 GMT 2007

Well, I showed him Revolution OS and he winced and said it was a good
student documentary.  I've seen his work and have worked with him.  Not in
film, but in theater.  He and I and a guy in Woodstock are old theater
hacks.  Basically, his gig is he will get a chance to showcase some young
talent and give them something to put on a resume and he'll have his
production name in the credits...so free pub.  He helps alot of young talent
find work.  He coaches for free, helps them with head shots, and will help
them get auditions for commercials and stage productions.  He's got a good
heart.

As far as the Chicago group.  Yes, you guys are the foundation and need to
be featured.  He usually does narrative voice overs, but I suspect he would
use one or two actors as hosts or users needing to be guided in the way of
Linux.

I will be honest, I am relatively new to Ubuntu, though I've been using
Linux exclusively since  2002. (more to come on that later).  Where we could
use help in this project.  I think some of you could be proof readers of the
script and ensure it is reflecting the proper spirit of Ubuntu and that it
is accurate.  He prefers to shoot on site and he is used to paying for those
sites, so we may have to get after hours access to offices with cubicles and
stuff like that.  We would also need people who are not camera shy.

One thing he envisions is a green screen where a narrator...an attractive
woman is standing in the desktop much like a weather person giving a desktop
tour.

Heck, if anyone here wants to meet with him and I over wings and beers and
feed him information, that would be cool.

I had to leverage favors to get this done.  He does this for me and I get
him some free assistance.

Heck, we could start a new thread on brainstorming ideas and I could pass it
on to him.  Professional production quality is important.  Soundtrack..even
for a 15-20 minute piece is important to set the tone.  But really...we want
it to be consumer oriented...something that would make the non Linux user
think...hmmm...I want that.  So...what would be important to include?  What
is important about Ubuntu and what is important about Ubuntu Chicago?

BTW, I am the new kid here, so anyone who wants to contact me to ensure I am
on the up and up and blah blah blah, feel free to write me off the mail list
and I will give you my contact info.

Craig (the production guy) and I are involved in a stage play right now and
will be committed until early April so we could get into earnest then.
Basically it works this way.

Draw script...film for a day or two or three. Edit..re edit...edit
again...re edit the re edit....kill small farm animals...edit.  ;)

Patrick