[Ubuntu Chicago] e-ntroduction

RJ Marsan rjmarsan at gmail.com
Thu Feb 1 21:20:50 GMT 2007

"Is there a small business version of ubuntu."
unfortunately no, theres essentially 2 versions of ubuntum (there are a few
variants but those are nothing more than graphical changes), the desktop
version and the server version.  of course both of these are well suited for
a small buisness, its just not an 'official' one.

as for the marketing techniques, the main issue I see is that the average
user will NOT feel like they wanna download a .iso off bittorrent and burn
it to a CD (and the ones who DO know how to do that most likely already have
tried ubuntu).  I believe if you give them a cd and a few good words they'll
eventually have nothing better to do.

also I was talking to Freddy about some Windows Users scripts for importing
music Etc. I'll get around to that one of these days...

anyways we need to find a few things that cost almost nothing so we can get
a sizeable group here, THEN go off and do the things that require money.

meh my 2 cents.

RJ (Red_Herring)