[Ubuntu Chicago] Ubuntu Chicago Packaging Jam - A Bust

Kevin Harriss special.kevin at gmail.com
Mon Dec 17 16:40:38 GMT 2007

One potential thing you could do is to work with various Linux groups
in the area to hold events that might help draw out more people.  I
bet there are a bunch of people in the various groups that use ubuntu
and wouldn't mind helping out but just don't know where to start.
Also you have to realize that it can be hard to get
nerds/geeks/whatever to leave a computer and come hang out.  I have
noticed this problem with the ChiGLUG and have tried various things to
get people to come some work better than others.  The first thing I
would suggest doing to to talk to the various school lugs and tell
them to contact you guys when they do an installfest or have a booth
at their school and try to help them out.  A major problem I have
noticed with this group and the ChiGLUG is trying to get people from
the city to go out to the burbs and the people from the burbs to go to
the city.  I really don't known an ideal situation for solving this.
These are just some of my rants/raves/suggestions I may not be a
ubuntu contributor but I do us it at work :( and submit bug reports
but I am a general linux enthusiast so if you have any questions or
want to do something in conjunction with the chicago lug feel free to
let me know.

--
- specialKevin
- Kevin Harriss