[Ubuntu Chicago] Packaging Jam! Dec. 16th!

Eddie Martinez eddiemartinez at gmail.com
Mon Dec 10 11:39:05 GMT 2007

heyall:

Jim pointed out a good point. We won't actually be packaging for 6 hours. We
will be meeting with CoDLUG and they run from 10am-4pm. The conversation on
packaging will most likely run from 12-3 or 2-4 or something similar to
this. However, I am waiting for Richard to get back to me on this. Most of
us are all real busy with finals and such. this does not mean that we wont
be ready for sunday however.

See you there,

-Eddie Martinez

On Dec 9, 2007 4:32 PM, Jim Campbell <jwcampbell at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> On Dec 8, 2007 1:22 AM, Eddie Martinez <eddiemartinez at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Sunday Dec. 16th, Richard Johnson (nixternal) and (hopefully) Mario
> > Limonachi (superm1) will be leading a packaging jam to teach the fine art of
> > software packaging. This is your chance to learn how to take code (LOLcode
> > may or may not count, i have to check.) and package it into a .deb file.
> > This way, everyone can enjoy your hangman game featuring Steve Ballmer! The
> > whole world wins.
> >
> > College of DuPage
> > 425 Fawell Boulevard Glenn Ellyn, IL 60137
> >
> > 12/16/2007
> >
> > 10:00am- 4:00pm
> >
> > Location: SRC 1544
> >

> This sounds cool.  Thanks for thinking to put this together.  Just
> thinking ahead - do we think that the packaging portion of the session will
> last the full 6 hours?  If you plan on having the packaging tutorial start
> at a specific time within the 10-4 period, please let us know.  Thanks.
>
> Jim

This has been an Eddie Martinez production.
<Please exit in an orderly fashion>