[Ubuntu Chicago] ubuntu wireless

jason jenkins jenkins27 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 13 17:34:29 BST 2007

At home I use DHCP.  I am a linux newb and am not sure where I would find my
/etc/network/interfaces file.  I assume "/" is root and the equivalent to
the C drive. and etc is a subfolder and network is a subfolder of that and
so on.  what is the Ubuntu equivalent of mycomputer where I would find the
"/" folder?

Is this link the type of stuff I should be trying?
https://help.ubuntu.com/7.04/internet/C/connect-to-internet.html#wireless
I think I would need some step by step help with the ndiswrapper.  I have
the driver CD for my card.  It sounds like I would need to use that to get
WPA working.  I think I read somewhere that the wpasupplicant didn't work
with my card or something so maybe the ndiswrapper will?