[Ubuntu Chicago] mac switch

Eric O'Neal fyedernoggersnodden at gmail.com
Fri Aug 10 22:01:53 BST 2007

On 8/10/07, manchicken <manchicken at notsosoft.net> wrote:

> On Friday 10 August 2007 03:33:11 Eric O'Neal wrote:
> > Heh; but you have to admit they're sexy, and have a system of
> > simplicity-oriented propaganda that makes geek and noob alike drool over
> > their website.
> > How else do you think they convinced me to buy one?  Money talks... but
> eye
> > candy rules the world.
> >

> > SigmaX
> >
> > On 8/9/07, manchicken <manchicken at notsosoft.net> wrote:
> > > Eh, Mac machines these days have too much crap hardware in them to be
> > > worth
> > > the trouble on a dual boot.  I'd rather buy a Dell or System76 and
> > > install a
> > > torrent version of OSX if I wanted to.
>
> Yes, but we have to try to see past the hype and look at the reality of
> things.  Kubuntu with Beryl has more eye-candy than you can shake a stick
> at.

True true.  The best way for me to spread Linux awareness is to sit down in
the middle of class and whip out my laptop for thirty seconds, spinning the
cube a few times.  Someone's bound to say "Cool!  What's that!?!" ;-).

SigmaX

--
My home page:  http://www.SigmaX.org

"ttocs laeno cire oshkosh b'gosh fyedernoggersnodden nicht stein bon
probiscus"

"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in
school"
              -- Albert Einstein