[Ubuntu Chicago] mac switch

Eric O'Neal fyedernoggersnodden at gmail.com
Tue Aug 7 03:17:02 BST 2007

On 8/6/07, Matthew Basset <mchiganfan32 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I believe that i must have fried the mac os, but when i put the mac os
> install cd in, i can get as far as where is tells me to choose a place to
> put the operating system, and it gives me no options on where to do this. i
> assume it is because of how i partitioned the hard drive when i put the
> ubuntu os on it. but i am unaware of how to repartition a hard drive in the
> ubuntu os. or how i should go about it.
> thanks,
> matt

If I remember correctly, with Mac you have to "initialize" the disk first if
there are no valid partitions (i.e. wipe the partition table).  If this is
the case, it may very well delete your Ubuntu partition and put you back at
a square one brick.

SigmaX

--
My home page:  http://www.SigmaX.org

"ttocs laeno cire oshkosh b'gosh fyedernoggersnodden nicht stein bon
probiscus"

"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in
school"
              -- Albert Einstein