[Ubuntu Chicago] A reasonable request.

Kendall Brown kendallbrown at earthlink.net
Fri Apr 6 15:38:20 BST 2007

Hey Guys:

I know some of you don't like it when I send out mass e-mails like this
but I tried to send it to your individual e-mail accounts but I received
no response.  This e-mail is for those few among you who were very kind
to me and tried to help me install Ubuntu on my computer.  I'd just like
to inform you that I've tried all of your suggestions but was unable to
get Ubuntu working on my setup.  I am almost certain that my motherboard
is the problem but since socket 754 motherboards are fading from
existence I guess I'll have to make do with Windows XP for a while
longer.  I know you're all very busy people but I'd like to make a
request to you.  If you have any extra time on your hands and feel like
helping a stranger out please find a way to add support in Ubuntu for
Gigabyte K8NSNXP motherboards?

I'd also like to let you know I was able to install Ubuntu on two other
computers that were on there way to the trash heap until I told my
friends about your product.  Ubuntu was able to turn there out dated
computers into very nice machines.  It took me a while to figure out how
to update the OS and setup the modems but after I discovered Automatix2
while doing some research on the web everything became a breeze.  Would
you consider making that a standard program on the installation cd?
Thanks again for all your help.  It's nice to know that most of you are
approachable.

Kendall Brown