Ubuntu-Chicago laptop shopping

m.mccune at comcast.net m.mccune at comcast.net
Sun Oct 15 15:47:41 BST 2006

I bought one of the Acer 3680s a few weeks ago. All the hardware
is detected and setup without a flaw by Ubuntu 6.06 (even the
wireless card). At 6 pounds it is still fairly portable.

The Intel mobile graphics card is well supported. While it is not as
fast as the Nvidia or ATI cards, it does support OpenGL. I tried Quake II
in OpenGL mode and got 30-40fps in 1024x768 mode. Not great but
usable.