Ubuntu-Chicago Hey

Matthew M Angeles matt.angeles at gmail.com
Wed Oct 11 20:13:30 BST 2006

Hello fellow Chicago Ubuntu lovers,

I just signed up for the mailing list and created my lauchpad account.
I'm really excited about having other like minded geeks to talk with.

A little about me:  I'm really new to the Ubuntu Community, I only been
running Dapper for about two months. I started with Kubuntu and almost
gave up. On a whim I tried Ubuntu and realized I really like gnome. I've
been pretty successfully in my journey, being able to get the same
usability out of Linux as I have in Windows. I have only one issue left
and temporarily I fixed it with a $3 dollar trip to microcenter. If
anyone knows how to get the front audio jacks working on an Antec Case
with a Realtek 8800 audio card drop me a line.
I'm a 24 yr old college stundent studying to be a Paramedic. I'm about
to welcome my first son into the world in about 2 weeks. I work at June
Bar, a pretty cool Wicker Park Bar. When I'm not tweaking Ubuntu or on
the net, I'm crashing into poles on my skateboard, reading comics,
playing old SNES games and downloading all the shows I miss while I'm
working or in school (The Office, My Name is Earl, Heroes & Prison
Break). Heroes is excellent! If you haven't seen it yet and you consider
yourself to be a geek you should be shot or at least tarred and feathered.

I am really excited about the Oct 28th meeting but was wondering if you
can get there by public transportation or if people are carpooling.

Be Good,
redDEAD