Ubuntu-Chicago Intro

Richard Johnson nixternal at ubuntu.com
Wed Oct 4 17:50:55 BST 2006

On Wednesday 04 October 2006 07:32, Matthew Johnson wrote:
> Hello:
>
> I'm in Minneapolis, but I see there is no ubuntu users group in
> Minneapolis, so I'm joining yours.   I tried my first install
> yesterday without sucuess.  The LiveCD works fine though and it was
> fun to walk through that way.  I have to say the user interface looks
> very nice and the attention to detail seems high.  It looks like a
> winner!
>
> Just wanted to say 'hi' before I check the archives.
>
> Have a good day,
>
>  -Matt Johnson
>   Minneapolis, MN

Matt,

Welcome! You are more than welcome to hang out here and talk Ubuntu with the
rest of us. Maybe some day we can build you up and you can start Ubuntu
Minneapolis, or MInnesota for that matter! The more LoCos the better ;)

Anyhow, glad to hear you had success with Ubuntu (or are you using Kubuntu,
Edubuntu, Xubuntu?). Always good to hear that.

Just so you know, a few of the guys hang out on IRC all day long because we
are all loosers with Ubuntu running through our veins ;)  Using Gaim, X-Chat,
or Konversation, you could always join us online. I think that X-Chat if you
are using Ubuntu or Konversation if you are using Kubuntu are your best bets.
Server is chat.us.freenode.net, port is 8001, and the channel is
#ubuntu-chicago if you ever get the chance to visit. If you need help getting
connected, don't hesitate to ask right here, or you can message me with an IM
of your choice, and just use nixternal to contact me.

Thanks again Matt. Talk to you soon, take care!

--
.:Richard Johnson
.:nixternal at ubuntu.com
.:ubuntu.com .:kubuntu.com .:edubuntu.com .:xubuntu.com