Ubuntu-Chicago laptop hosed

Matthew M Angeles matt.angeles at gmail.com
Wed Nov 15 19:01:51 GMT 2006

Hey everyone this is not the post I wanted to make.

I bought a Dell 1501 after looking for a laptop for months. I got it
yesterday and I'm pretty happy. I tried installing Ubuntu 6.06/6.10 on
it and it wasn't working. Went to the forums see if anyone could help,
but nothing worked. So I decided to just run windows on it for now.
After installing xp and I needed to get the drivers from Dell's website.
I downloaded the ones I needed and starting getting excited because I
was finally gonna get to use my new toy. Somehow I downloaded the bios
flash instead of the ethernet/video card/sound card drivers and ended up
flashing my BIOS. It got hung up half way through and after 2 1/2 hours
I restarted my PC. Now I have a 600 dollar paperweight and feel really
stupid.

If anyone can flash by bios out there I'd be a happy camper. I don't
have cash but I do have some things cool stuff to barter. Single player
X-Arcade Joystick, Terk TV55 indoor/outdoor HDtv antenna, mini fender
travel amp, bunch of free drink tickets to a buddies bar in Wicker Park
(12), Guild Wars Prophecies/Factions account and Half Life 2 for the PC.
I'm not trying to beg for free help, but I'm really broke. If you want
any of this stuff and you want to help me out let me know 312-758-1396.
I can meet you anywhere.

Matt
redDEAD