[Ubuntu Chicago] Ubuntu-Chicago MEETING!

Richard Johnson nixternal at ubuntu.com
Sun Dec 3 21:18:28 GMT 2006

On Sunday 03 December 2006 14:33, Freddy Martinez wrote:
> Our next meeting will be Saturday, January 13th 2007. We will be meeting at
> 2PM and will continue until around 6 after which I think we should go to
> dinner for whomever can make it.
> What I need from the members:

> WE NEED A LOCATION!
> If anyone knows a location that can hold ~50 people with internet and
> accessible via public transportation please email the list back.
> Near O`hare seems good for most people. If you have contacts, please let
> them know.

Location should be FREE if at all possible. O'Hare is a good area with public
transportation everywhere. If there is a city location available for damn
near FREE or FREE, and it is easily accessible, then I am for it as well. I
can take the METRA in for like $5, no big deal for me. Now if there is a city
location, nothing crazy like northside, southside, westside, or eastside.
Decent walking distance from places like Union Station should be considered
as well. If I can take a water taxi I am cool, but I refuse to get in a
yellow cab with some idiot who charges out the ass for 8+ blocks.

> Can you make it at this date?

Date is good for me, and far enough in advance for most I am hoping.

> Are you brining guests?

If you bring guests, make sure their interest is in with helping Ubuntu
Chicago advance its future and share a common goal of success for FREE
software as well. If they use Windows we don't want them just yet ;) J/K!!!

> We will be sitting out and hammering out details about our next year as a
> LoCo, and will be going attempting to set ideas down as our base. I updated
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ChicagoTeam/Meetings slightly but please use email
> for correspondence for now.

We will hold this meeting with a concrete agenda, no going off topic except
during breaks. We are scheduling at most 4 hours for a round table event, and
then we can definitely go off topic at dinner. So meeting location should
also be close, very close to restaurants. This will limit the amount of
travel and consumption of the government's gold (i.e, gasoline).

Any and all ideas are welcomed. I am thinking we will leave off the
presentations and tackle ideas such as marketing, supporting, and tieing into
contributing. If you are marketing and supporting Ubuntu, then you are
already contributing. Right now our main goals are to push Ubuntu to as many
people as we can. If you or someone you know is a marketer, please show up
and provide your brain for us to pick.

Thanks everyone!

--
.:Richard Johnson
.:nixternal at ubuntu.com
.:ubuntu.com .:kubuntu.com .:edubuntu.com .:xubuntu.com
.:http://nixternal.ubuntu-rocks.org