[Ubuntu-US-CA] ALERT

Michael Paoli Michael.Paoli at cal.berkeley.edu
Fri Mar 8 16:24:47 UTC 2019

Also recommend listing/checking:
http://www.stolencomputers.org/
(site is still not encrypted (no https support), so - use unique,
nontrivial password there (as anywhere), but definitely don't
use that same password anywhere else).

In general, also good to always check there when
acquiring or potentially acquiring (or having
found/acquired) a computer.

> From: Charlie <info at soulgrave.com>
> Subject: [Ubuntu-US-CA] ALERT
> Date: Thu, 07 Mar 2019 07:34:21 -0800

ALERT: my jeep was broken into and my laptop was stolen. I'm in
lockdown mode as of right now. This occurred at a starbucks near my
school. any odd behavior from any of my accounts isn't me. i'm in the
process of getting everything locked down

be on alert!
charlie luna