[Ubuntu-US-CA] UbuCon! was: Re: Fwd: SCALE 17x Call For Papers Is Now Open

Elizabeth K. Joseph lyz at princessleia.com
Thu Oct 25 13:09:32 UTC 2018

Hi everyone,

Bumping this to the top of your mailboxes again. The SCALE CFP isn't
just important because it's the biggest Linux and open source
conference of the year in California, but because there is an UbuCon
there once again in 2019!

The CFP closes next week (October 31st) and the team is looking for
speakers on Ubuntu-related topics, when you submit your talk, just
select "Ubucon" from the dropdown of topics and it'll be included for
review by the UbuCon crew.

http://www.socallinuxexpo.org/scale/17x/cfp/

I won't be able to attend this year (I'm expecting my first child in
January, exciting!) so I'd be happy extra to carve out some time to
chat (IRC, email, phone...) with anyone who wants to submit something
but isn't sure about it for whatever reason. I can help brainstorm
ideas, reassure you about public speaking, or refine your proposal,
whatever you need :)