[Ubuntu-US-CA] Team tshirt design

charlie home at charlieluna.com
Mon Nov 5 03:58:52 UTC 2018

hello fine people! Lately I've been working on a tshirt design using
artwork that was previously done by a member of our team and by using
GIMP, I was able to create a simple design with some slight
modifications to the original artwork so that it works with the color of
the first design. Several details need to be discussed here. First of
all, this shirt and any future merchandise that I can create, won't be
for profit. It's all going to be sold at cost which I think is how much
it costs for the printing service to make the merchandise and the cost
of shipping. No profits at all. I'm working with two services at the
moment to get this started and going forward, I'm hoping to be able to
go down to one and that's going to be a local printer. Custom Ink, which
is an online printing service, and a local company called Splattered
Ink, LLC., here in Apple Valley. Custom Ink offers no minimums only on
one, maybe just a couple more, categories so that's going to be very
limited in use and since everything else has a minimum amount before the
order can be placed, I'll go to the local printer and then collect
orders from the team and then when the minimum gets met, the order gets
placed.

Now, for the design, the one I'm showing here is just one of many that I
can do so if you've got a color choice you'd rather have, for the color
of the tshirt, logo and/or writing, then just let me know and I can
custom make it for you. Ubuntu Cali Tshirt
<https://www.customink.com/designs/ubuntucali/ygu0-00bf-pdq5/share?pc=EMAIL-40778&utm_campaign=shared%20design&utm_source=share%20link&utm_medium=shared%20design&utm_content=shared%20desktop>

I'm doing this so we can promote Ubuntu and the team even better than
before.

Once I get the method of payment configured, those details will go out
as well.

And don't forget to come hang out on our Twitter and Facebook accounts.
I'm a new admin for both accounts and it's been great to have that
outlet because I love promoting something this much. It's just like my
love for music and the experiences I've had in the music world. I'd like
to thank Lyz and Nathan for that opportunity and I hope I make the
entire community proud and please, please let me know if I need to
improve something. I'm all ears for CONSTRUCTIVE criticism, or negative,
I can take that, too, lol, about anything.

In closing, the community gets better with communication because a
community exists on communication. A city of people who don't talk to
one another is just a city of people living together. A city, county,
state or country becomes a community when we communicate. Let's do that.

Until next time, keep it free. Keep it secure. Keep it fast. Keep it Ubuntu.

--
Charlie Luna