[Ubuntu-US-CA] some personal announcements

charlie contact at charlieluna.com
Mon Mar 26 00:24:38 UTC 2018

many of you have probably heard of Ubuntu Touch OS. the operating system
for smartphones and with just a couple of dedicated phones such as the
BQ E4.5 and 5.0. and the Meizu model. sadly, they vanished. but, the OS,
the zeros and ones that control the phone, is STILL with us! it was
picked up by UBPorts and has three, 3, successful ports living on the
OnePlus phone, the Fairfone 2 and my personal favorite and my daily
driver cellphone, the LG Nexus 5.

UBPorts has been doing an amazing job building a community of adopters,
developers, contributors and testers ever since they started handling
the progression of the software. Several apps exist but more official
apps from the likes of Starbucks, CVS and many others need to be brought
over to it.

in light of that, I decided to start acquiring the software necessary to
develop apps such as Ubuntu SDK, GIMP, QT Creator and more with some
hopeful collaborations between myself and individuals and companies
needing apps.

wrapping up, get ready for news about my new website where I'll be
documenting more about my road testing of this software and more
projects in the works.

charlie "metalbiker" luna