[Ubuntu-US-CA] Ubuntu booth volunteers for SCALE urgently needed!

Nathan Haines nhaines at ubuntu.com
Mon Feb 26 05:59:22 UTC 2018

Hi everyone,

We usually get quite a few booth volunteers for SCALE, and what with
planning being delayed due to external behind-the-scenes issues and the
Ubuntu wiki being what it is, we only have one confirmed volunteer for
the Ubuntu booth.  (Not counting me: the project page will be updated
tomorrow evening after I discuss scheduling with him.)

At this level of staffing, it is likely the booth may only be manned on
Saturday, which is bad since SCALE donates booth space to non-profit
organizations like Ubuntu, and if the booth isn't utilized they're
likely to give our space to someone else next year.  (They're aware of
the behind-the-scenes stuff, but that's not a guarantee for next year.)

Volunteering is fun and easy, and we have free full-access SCALE passes
for the first couple of people who volunteer.  We need more bodies to
stand in front of the booth and chat with visitors about Ubuntu.  We'll
probably get lots of questions about Ubuntu, GNOME Shell, and snaps this
year.

Check the following page and see if you can make time to volunteer.  We
especially need coverage for Friday night when I'm busy on stage for
UbuCon at SCALE, and Sunday morning:

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/CaliforniaTeam/Projects/Scale16x

If you can volunteer for a full shift, please register for SCALE and
email me privately with your registration number and email address.  We
have fewer passes than usual this year, so it's first-come, first-serve.

Regards,
Nathan

--
Nathan Haines