[Ubuntu-US-CA] success!

Charlie Luna contact at charlieluna.com
Sun May 14 18:37:18 UTC 2017

Luke, I somehow lost the previous email where we were conversing about my issues with the wifi.

After a thorough investigation and plenty of testing and tinkering, I got my issue resolved.

Per your previous comment about distance issues with 802.11ac, I concur with that statement. But, fortunately, I'm having much better success now after I switched between the 2 bands to test them both.

I reinstalled ubuntu and made the investigation and everything is working way better.

I had known about the other SSID since getting the new router and it slipped my mind until you mentioned it and I appreciate you bringin that to my attention again.

Now if anything happens to the 5G channel, such as connection issues, I can switch over to the 2G channel and use it just fine, until the 5G band decides to cooperate. lol

Thank you for your help and at least now I've got this amazing laptop blazing fast on the appropriate channel.

Charlie